DarkMyst is proud to offer one of the most feature-packed and configurable services packages available. The services that we offer are listed below.
- ChanServ allows you to register and control various aspects of channels. ChanServ can often prevent malicious users from "taking over" channels by limiting who is allowed channel operator privileges.
- NickServ allows you to register a nickname and prevent others from using it. It is also used to set what language services will use when communicating with you.
- MemoServ is a utility allowing IRC users to send short messages to other IRC users, whether they are online at the time or not, or to channels. Both the sender's nickname and the target nickname or channel must be registered with NickServ in order to send a memo.
- GameServ allows users to add a bit more entertainment to their channel by offering dice, games and other interesting features. Many roleplaying channels will find GameServ extremely useful as well because of some of its options.
- RPGServ allows users to promote their role-playing channel by adding it to a searchable database of channels. It also allows players to search the database to find the type of game they're looking for. Once they locate a game, they can pull up detailed information about it.
- GroupServ supplements ChanServ and NickServ's ability to authorise users by letting people define groups, then add those groups to channel access lists instead of individual people. This is especially useful if you have more than one channel to maintain with an identical access list.
- HostServ allows users to request a virtual or vanity hostname for their connection, to be displayed in place of the one corresponding to their IP. Virtual hosts (vhosts) are staff approved and have to follow the HostServ acceptable use policy.
Powered by avlao. Copyright © the Chimaera Project, 2005.
Contents copyright © the DarkMyst IRC Network, 2015.
Staff pages: Website | Wiki | Webmail