Welcome to DarkMyst
DarkMyst is a free, online text-based roleplaying network that utilizes the IRC protocol.
If you are new to IRC roleplaying or the DarkMyst IRC network, you can read our Roleplaying 101 Guide in order to help you get acquainted with IRC roleplaying games.
Some of our Communities
- 6#quasishraa is the OOC hub for Avishraa, a long-standing and much-revised setting created by Shyriath, originally as background for a character, but now as a worldbuilding project and RP setting in its own right. There are several playable species, all of whom are dragonlike: the takmar, who are the most advanced and numerous; the Chosen, a variety of takmar with small stature but the inborn ability to use magic; and the xtauh, smaller still and less cohesive, but more flexible in habitat.
- 10Mob-ruled and monster-haunted Myrken Wood; land of opportunity, calamity, redemption and damnation. At its heart, the ill-omened Broken Dagger Tavern, a notorious den of outcasts, misfits and renegades. Medieval Fantasy Freeform RP. Long-running channel with player-driven plots, player-created setting, and regular roleplay in-channel and on our forums. Find out more at brokendagger.com
- 4With the mutant population rising new friends have arrived, magic users, scientific experimentations, androids, dimensional travelers and aliens. As the world tries to cope Cobalt Hill provides sanctuary for all who wish it.
- 19Iron Secrets is a vanilla style Werewolf: the Apocalypse game set in the American Southwest, centered around a caern located in the Petrified Forest National Park. It is focused around the mystical and mysterious sides of the game, with a good serving of personal horror. The game is mostly Salon-style play, supplemented by guided adventures.
- 14Iron Secrets is a vanilla style Werewolf: the Apocalypse game set in the American Southwest, centered around a caern located in the Petrified Forest National Park. It is focused around the mystical and mysterious sides of the game, with a good serving of personal horror. The game is mostly Salon-style play, supplemented by guided adventures.
- 10Werewolf the Apocalypse style game for Fera and Garou alike, mixed in with some home brew rules to add a bit of spice.
- 6#imarel is the latest incarnation of an online game that has been running for over twenty years between AOL and IRC, based on the World of Imarel, by T.A. Saunders. The constantly growing, well-documented setting offers players the ability to effect the future of the world through both scheduled storyteller events and 'random encounters' that occur spontaneously during main channel gaming.
- 11Odyssey Earth is a NWOD mixed venue game set in an apocalyptic future and centered around the survivors of an Earth devastated by nuclear war. The game focuses heavily on personal choices and political intrigue, with a healthy dose of personal horror. Play style is predominately salon style, and due to the mature nature of the play style and plots, this game is 18+
- 5Our game is structured freeform - this means there are established nobles and scenery, guilds and so forth. the Dragongate is near the tavern and if your character is new - you're probably from offworld. We've been called unfriendly and elitist - we just like to play our way and if you dont' fit in, feel free to move on. *this is not a serious channel. We make fun of *everything*. Including ourselves, and you.
DarkMyst IRC RP Network | Your portal to other worlds
With the DarkMyst Internet Relay Chat network, you may become entangled in the many facets of creation and imagination. Whether you are an avid role-player, a creative writer, a casual gamer, or a curious novice, you have stumbled upon the best community of like-minded individuals available.
Be it a dark city of vampires and werewolves, a medieval land of competing good and evil, a futuristic world that only your imagination can bring to life, a Marvel-inspired world of superheroes, or a completely unique universe, you’ll find plenty of it here on DarkMyst. Our communities offer a wide variety of possibilities, from engaging text-based role-playing and gaming to graphical worlds that will take your breath away.